Wednesday, July 2, 2014

REVIEW: THE BODY SHOP SHIMMER CUBES PALETTE 26 HOT PINK

For a while, the only eyeshadow I owned was Dolly Wink Cream Eye Shadow in 01 Gold. One day, while I was browsing through The Body Shop's website, the Shimmer Cubes Palette caught my eyes because it just looked so darn cute >.< As pink is my favorite color, I decided to get one in 26 Hot Pink.





Description: A palette of four subtle iridescent shades to mix and match. Crease-resistant and suitable for contact-lens wearers.
  • Iridescent finish
  • Crease-resistant
  • Dermatologically tested
  • Ophthalmologically tested

Ingredients: Mica (Opacifier), Talc (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Zea Mays Starch (Absorbent/Chelating Agent), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Isopropyl Isostearate (Emollient), Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Nylon-12 (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sorbitan Stearate (Emulsifier), Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Viscosity Modifier), Polyacrylamide (Film Former), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Methylparaben (Preservative), C13-14 Isoparaffin (Solvent), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Sodium Dehydroacetate (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Laureth-7 (Emulsifier), Butylparaben (Preservative). [+/- CI 77891 (Colour), CI 77491 (Colour), CI 77499 (Colour), CI 77742 (Colour), CI 77492 (Colour)].

My opinion: The Body Shop claims that these are crease-resistant and I couldn't agree more. Now, I have quite oily eye lids, so base makeup and Dolly Wink Cream Eye Shadow often crease on me, even though I always apply powder on top. However, when I apply the colors from this palette, my eye lids stay crease-free all day, which is absolutely amazing! Another thing I like is that they're all very long-lasting: once they're on, they'll stay there until I use a makeup-remover to take them off. They last through the scorching summer heat, the pouring rain, the sweat and the hand rub! The colors are natural enough to use during the day, but they are also buildable so you can use them in the evening as well. Having said that, they can be removed easily with an eye-makeup remover and don't irritate my eyes in any ways. The expiry date is 18 months after opening, but I think it'll last longer than that. Here are the swatches on my eyes:


01 Shade: Garden Rose


02 Shade: Deep Fuchsia 


03 Shade: Light Coral


04 Shade: Pink Champagne

Verdict: 9/10

Repurchase?: I have in fact bought another Shimmer Cubes Palette, but in another color. I'll test that out later and decide whether to repurchase this one or not. While I'm not sure if I'll buy this color again, I'm certain that Shimmer Cubes Palette will always be present in my makeup collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment