Friday, November 22, 2013

REVIEW: SKINFOOD SALMON BRIGHTENING EYE CREAM

I've tried some eye creams, from affordable to high-end ones, and my most favorite so far has to be Skinfood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream.




Description: An eye cream with arbutin that helps brighten skin around the eyes. Norwegian salmon roe extract nourishes skin.



How to use: Use on toned skin. Apply an adequate amount around the eyes and then gently pat using fingertips for faster absorption.

Ingredients: N/A

Size: 30g

My opinion: This eye cream is supposed to lighten dark circles, but it didn't work in that aspect for me. I have permanent dark circles under my eyes since I was little and I've always tried to find an eye cream that can get rid of them. Now I finally accept the fact that nothing can get rid of my genetic dark circles T-T. I also have some fine lines under my eyes, but this doesn't do anything for them. OK, so I guess you're wondering why I consider this as the best eye cream I've ever tried. Well, it's because of its brightening and moisturizing properties. My eyelids have always been darker than the rest of my face, and after 4 months of using this eye cream, I feel that they are slightly brighter. This eye cream is  moisturizing without being too greasy or heavy. No matter how much I apply, this sinks in within seconds and leaves no residue. Yet it still manages to moisturize my eyes really well! It also doesn't sting my eyes. A bonus is that this cream smells really good. It has a floral scent (it reminds me of jasmine but I don't think this flower is on the ingredient list) and despite the fact that it's made from salmon, it doesn't smell fishy at all ^^ It's not cheap but I only need a tiny amount for each application. I've been using this for 4 months and there's still 2/3 left!

Price: I bought this in Malaysia and forgot the price :( But it's ₩17,000 in Korea.

Pros:
- Brightening and moisturizing
- Last for a very long time
- Non-irritating

Cons:
- Not effective on dark circles and fine lines

Score: 8/10

Repurchase?: Yes, but not immediately because there're other eye creams that I wanna try :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment