Thursday, November 14, 2013

REVIEW: SKIN79 VIP GOLD COLLECTION SUPER+ BEBLESH BALM (a.k.a Skin79 VIP Gold BB Cream)

I had so many bad experiences with foundation, such as the odd color (Lancome Teint Idole Ultra was too pink for me and it turned orange after oxidization T-T) and the staying power (Laneige Skin Veil Oil Free Foundation, which lasted for about 2-3 hours on my oily T-zone). That's why I was so glad to  discover BB cream because they don't oxidize much and they tend to last longer on my face. Out of all the BB cream I've tried, I'm most impressed with Skin79 VIP Gold Collection Super+ Beblesh Balm (a.k.a Skin79 VIP Gold BB Cream).


Claims: (taken from Skin79 website)
- Protects the skin with wrinkle improvement and whitening. 
- Presents rich moisturized skin. Whole new level of moisturizing.
- Reliable UV protection.

Size: 5g

Ingredients: water, propylene glycol, cyclomethicone, demethicone, titanium dioxide, isopropyl palmitate, talc, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, ethylhexylmethoxycinnamate, dipentaerythrityl hexadydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, arbutin, ethylhexyl salicylate, zinc oxide, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, vinyl dimethicone/ methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, portulaca oleracea extract, piper mthysticum leaf/root/stem extract, glycosyl trehalose, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, tocopheryl acetate, adenosine, ubiquinone, hydrogenated lecithin, citrus unshiu fruit oil, ceramide 3, cholesterol, camellia sinensis leaf extract, madecassoside, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, nelumbo nucifera flower water, caviar extract, lycium chinense fruit extract, helianthus annus (sunflower) extract, cornus officinalis fruit extract, hedera helix (ivy) extract, schizandra chinensis fruit extract, disteardimonium hectorite, trihydroxystearin, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum stearate, methicone, glycerin, caprylic/ capric triglyceride, gold, triclosan, BHT, phytic acid, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, iron oxides  

Price: 113,000 VND (approximately 5 USD)

Shade: There's only one shade and luckily, it matches my skin quite well. This is how it looks like on my face:




Coverage: Light to medium. It can cover my acne scars but I still need concealer for my dark circles.

Finish: This BB cream has a dewy finish.

Oil-control property: My nose gets oily after 2 hours.

Moisturizing property: When my skin was at its driest period because of the Tonymoly Pore Cleansing Brush, this wasn't moisturizing enough for me. However, now that my skin is back to normal, it works okay for me even in autumn/winter dry weather. 

Whitening property: With continuous usage, it does help fade my acne scars. It doesn't have any effect on the discoloration around my nose and on my chin though. 

Anti-aging property: I can't comment on this as I don't have any wrinkles.

Sun-protection ability: I used this BB cream without any sunscreen underneath when I travelled to Malaysia and Singapore last summer, and I didn't burn once or even tan! And it was about 35-36°C for a whole week!

Bonus: This tiny tube has lasted me for 3 months and I still have some left, so it's good value for money :) I have oily-combination skin but this doesn't break me out or clog my pores.

Score: 8/10

Repurchase?: Yes, I've actually purchased the full-size product :)

No comments:

Post a Comment