Tuesday, November 12, 2013

REVIEW: ETUDE HOUSE BAKING POWDER BUBBLE CLEANSING MOIST

After the whole debacle with Tonymoly Pore Cleansing Brush and It's Skin cleansers, I am extra careful when it comes to facial cleansers and exfoliators. I always have a soft spot for Etude House Baking Powder line, so when I came to Hong Kong last summer, I bought 3 different cleansing foam from this line. Today I'm gonna do a review on Etude House Baking Powder Bubble Cleansing Moist.


Size: 150 ml

Ingredients: water, butylene glycol, potassium cocoyl glycinate, glycerin, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium bicarbonate, xanthan gum, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, disodium EDTA, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, fragrance

Price: I can't for the life of me remember the price in Hong Kong, but it retails for 370,000 VND in Vietnam (approximately 17 USD)

My opinion: Etude House Baking Powder Bubble Cleansing Moist cleanses my skin really well without drying it out, so it's no wonder that I absolutely LOVE it! It also has a lemony scent which I find so refreshing and relaxing, especially in the morning ^^ This cleanser is also SLS-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free and mineral oil-free! As the name suggests, this cleanser is in bubble form. Basically, you just press the pump and the foam will come out. I use this to clean my face in the morning to get rid of the oil and dirt accumulating over night and in the evening if I don't wear makeup. Sometimes I use this as my second cleanse after removing makeup with Bifesta Cleansing Gel. I find that one pump (like the photo below) is enough to cleanse my face. When I feel like my skin is oiler and more congested than usual or when I use it as my second cleanser, I'll use 2 pumps. Since the bottle is quite big, this will last me for a very long time ^^

Update: After using this for several months, I realize that if I use this as my sole daily cleanser, my skin becomes congested (even though I exfoliate regularly) because this cleansing foam is too gentle to penetrate deep inside the pores. Now I use it in the morning or when I feel like my skin is a little bit dry, and I use Hada Labo AHA+BHA Exfoliating Face Wash in the evening. 



Pros:
- Clean my skin well
- Not drying
- Refreshing scent
- Free of paraben, alcohol, SLS, and mineral oil

Cons: 
- Can't deep-clean my skin 

Verdict: 8/10

Repurchase?: Yes. Despite its weakness, I still like it as a morning cleanser in the winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment