Sunday, May 18, 2014

REVIEW: HADA LABO AHA+BHA EXFOLIATING FACE WASH FOAM

I officially ran out of my Hada Labo AHA+BHA Exfoliating Face Wash Foam yesterday, and I was ECSTATIC! I don't know about you guys, but every time I use up a beauty product, I feel extremely happy because: 1. It gives me a sense of accomplishment, 2. I can move on to another product, and 3. My beauty product is less... cramped (it's like, overflowing with stuffs right now). So, to commemorate this joyful occasion, I'll write a review about this cleanser :P





This foaming cleanser contains glycolic acid - a type of AHA - which is an extremely popular exfoliating ingredient. It's present in Alpha-H Liquid Gold, Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner, Pixi Glow Tonic, and many other brands. Salicylic acid - or BHA - is very common in anti-blemish products, like Origins Super Spot Remover, Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel, and Clinique Anti-blemish Solutions line. It has anti-inflammatory and pore-unclogging effects. One thing to remember when using this cleansing foam or any exfoliating products: You should wear sunscreen when going out because your skin is more sensitive towards sunlight after being exfoliated.

The good: This cleanser removed all the dirt, oil and possible makeup/sunscreen residues on my face. It also made my skin feel smoother after usage without clogging my pores or breaking me out. The product was housed in a cute yet effective and practical bottle. When I used Tonymoly Dr. Tony AC Control Bubble Foam and Etude House Baking Powder Bubble Cleansing Moist, there was always some bit of products that the pumps couldn't reach. Meanwhile, the pump of Hada Labo AHA+BHA Exfoliating Face Wash Foam successfully pushed out every last bit of liquid. I even opened the lid to look inside and there was absolutely nothing left! Like other Hada Labo products, this cleanser is free of fragrances, mineral oil, alcohol and colorant.

The bad: Despite containing AHA and BHA, this cleanser didn't replace my regular exfoliator and acne treatment. It couldn't take away my dead skin cells, unclog my pores or heal/prevent my acnes. In summer, I usually used it once a day because it was a tad too strong and stripping if used twice daily. My face felt a little bit tight if I didn't apply a moisturizer right away. In winter, I only used it once in a while when I wanted to deep-clean my face, because it could dry out my skin when used everyday. In short, I would recommend this to people with oily skin (who don't mind products containing paraben), but not to those with dry or sensitive skin.

Score: 7/10

Repurchase?: No coz I'd like to buy something which can be used twice daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment