Friday, February 7, 2014

MY SPRING SKINCARE ROUTINE

Our skin constantly changes because of the environment, the weather, our diet, stress, hormones and many other factors. So, in order to get the best out of our skincare products, it's important to adjust and change your skincare routine according to your skin needs. As for myself, I often have different routines for each season, and I try to provide options for when my skin is drier or oilier. Since it's spring right now, I'd like to talk about my current routine. Currently, I have combination with normal but easily dehydrated forehead and cheeks, and oily nose, philtrum and chin. Some of the products here have been reviewed on my blog, so if you want to read my detailed opinions on them, just click on their names. Other products will be updated on my blog as soon as possible. Without further ado, here are my morning and evening routines.

A.M.


  • Cleanser: In the morning, my skin isn't too oily, so I just cleanse my face with Etude House Baking Powder Bubble Cleansing Moist - a super gentle yet effective cleanser. 
  • Toner: I'm using SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion. This one is super expensive but it's the best toner I've ever used: it's non-drying and non-irritating, and my skin feels smooth and moisturized after applying it. However, I haven't seen any actual long-term benefits on my skin. I update later once I finish this bottle. 
  • Eye cream: My current eye cream is It's Skin Brighten System Eye Cream. It absorbs quickly yet still moisturizes my eye area really well. I haven't noticed any brightening effects though. 
  • Moisturizer: If I stay at home, I'll just apply Juju Aquamoist Hyaluronic Acid Essence. This essence is ok, nothing to write home about. Sometimes, when my skin is drier than usual, it isn't moisturizing enough and I have to layer It's Skin Toma Jelly Cream on top (You can see its photo in the p.m. section). If I go out, I always wear a sun block, and the one I'm using right now is It's Skin 2PM Sun Block SPF50+ PA+++. It acts as a moisturizer, sun protector and makeup-base, and I don't need to apply anything underneath or over it! It prevents my skin from getting tanned, too! Reminder: Always double cleanse when you wear sunscreen/sunblock. Otherwise, you'll get blocked pores, blackheads and even breakouts!
P.M.


  • Makeup-removers: I first remove my eye makeup with Bifesta Cleansing Sheet Moist. It's able to take off most of my Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On Mascara. I then use Bifesta Cleansing Gel to take off my sun block and/or my base makeup.
  • Cleanser: If I don't have any makeup or sunscreen on, I just use Etude House Baking Powder Bubble Cleansing Moist. On days that I do wear sunscreen and/or makeup, I reach for Hada Labo AHA+BHA Exfoliating Face Wash Foam. It completely removes every makeup and sunscreen residue on my face. However, don't use it if you have dry or sensitive skin because it's quite strong.
  • Toner: SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion.
  • Eye cream: It's Skin Brighten System Eye Cream.
  • Moisturizers: First, I aplly Juju Aquamoist  Hyaluronic Acid Essence, then layer It's Skin Toma Jelly Cream over. I really like this cream as it's lightweight and moisturizing. They are not moisturizing enough on their own, but perfect when combined together.
  • Lip Balm: Finally, I moisturize my lips with Nivea Essential Care. I love it: cheap and cheerful :) You can read more about my beauty tips for lips here.
SPECIAL TREATMENT


- For extra hydration: When I feel like my skin is drier than usual, I'll add Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion into my routine. I apply it after my toner and before the essence. It helps lock the moisture into my skin and when I wake up the next morning, my skin is no longer dry.
- For deep-cleansing/exfoliating: When my skin is congested and bumpy, I apply The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask. It gets rids of my blackheads and the bumps under my skin, as well as deflates my acnes and unclog my pores. However, I have to moisturize my skin well afterwards, otherwise, I'll wake up with dry skin the next morning. If you have dry skin, I don't think it's a good idea to use it.

That's all for my skincare routine. It may seem long but it only takes less than 5 minutes. And please remember to drink 1.5-2 litres of water per day as well as maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle, because what you eat/drink and how you live will really show up on your skin, and skincare products can't solve all the problems if you don't take care of your body first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment