Sunday, December 29, 2013

REVIEW: THE BODY SHOP SEAWEED IONIC CLAY MASK SACHET REVIEW

After the less-than-stellar performances of The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion Sachet and Vitamin E Sink-in Moisture Mask Sachet, I honestly didn't have much expectation for the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask Sachet. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of this mask.



(Click on images to see description, instruction and ingredients)

My opinion: This mask looks like brown mud and it dries pretty quickly (within 1 minute after application). It has a very faint seaweed scent which doesn't bother me. The instruction says to leave it on for 10 minutes but I let it sit on my face for 20 minutes and didn't experience any irritation whatsoever. After washing it off, my skin looks clearer and my acnes are significantly reduced! It also loosens up my blackheads so that when I use a toner afterwards, I can see little black dots on the cotton pad! It helps unclog my pores as well, though it takes 2 uses to get rid of them. It enables my skincare products to absorb faster and better, possibly because it takes away my dead skin cells. Whenever I use this, I'll wake up the next morning with smooth, healthy and glowing skin. It definitely lives up to its claims, which are drawing out impurities, clarifying and refreshing. And it does all these things without drying my skin out! This is my holy grail deep cleansing/exfoliating mask! I highly recommend you try this one out as it's cheap and one sachet can last for 2 uses. The only con is that it dries out really fast. I stored the product in a little pot and by the second time I used it, the mask had hardened a little bit and it was slightly difficult to apply on my face.

Pros:
- Get rid of blackheads, clogged pores and dead skin cells
- Deflate acnes and help them heal faster
- Non-drying and non-irritating
- Skin looks clearer and brighter

Cons:
- Dry up fast

Repurchase?: Yes, in fact I've already bought the full-size product!



No comments:

Post a Comment